Why Buy Health Insurance?
- Health insurance protects you and your savings account from unexpected, high medical costs.
- You pay less for covered in-network health care, even before you meet your deductible, because of our partnership with Avera Medical Group.
- You receive free preventive care, including wellness exams and vaccines and, depending on your age, preventive screenings like mammography and colon. Check out our list of preventive services [PDF].
Tips to consider:
- Review our application checklist, learn how to get health insurance, and identify the best health insurance plan for you.
- Download our Guide to Individual Health Insurance.
- Eligible for tax credits? One of our licensed agents can determine if you qualify, which can lower your monthly premium. Call 855-692-8372 or find an agent near you.
- Outside of open enrollment, you'll be able to apply for new health insurance coverage or update your current coverage after you experience a qualifying life event.
Documents Needed to Enroll
For each applicant - individual or family member - who will be covered by the policy, provide the following information:
- Birth date
- Social Security number
- Phone number
If you apply in person or through an agent, bring your previous year's tax return, because it will usually contain this and other important information needed for your application.
Search Our Provider Network
To ensure you’re getting the most bang for your insurance buck, it’s important to use an in-network provider. Doing so will save you money, and who doesn’t like that?
Find a Provider
- Health Insurance Explained - Understanding your plan costs and benefits can help you choose the best option for you and your family. Here are some key things to know about what you pay, what insurance pays, and how to get the most from your plan.
- Pharmacy Coverage Options - Find out if your medications are covered and learn how to get the most from your plan's pharmacy benefits.
- Do I Qualify for Reduced Payments? - See how you can save on premiums with tax credits and other types of assistance.
- Discover the advantages you get by being an Avera Health Plans member and how to use your plan to its fullest.
- Find an agent who can help you understand what your best option is for health insurance.
- Choose a plan with confidence when you download our worksheet and use it to compare benefits and ensure that you're covered for whatever life brings your way.
- Find Dental Coverage through Ameritas or Delta Dental.