Discrimination Is Against the Law
If you believe we have failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance in person or by mail, email or by fax. If you need help filing a grievance, our complaint and appeals coordinator is available.
Complaint and Appeals Coordinator
Avera Health Plans
5300 S. Broadband Lane
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
- Toll-free at 800-322-2115 (or TTY 711 or 800-877-1113)
- Monday – Friday 8 AM to 5 PM CT
We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- We provide free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- We provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- Online through the OCR Complaint Portal: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
US Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue
SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
- Phone: 1-800-368-1019 or 1-800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
Other Resources to Help You
For questions about your appeal rights, this notice or for assistance, you can contact the Employee Benefits Security Administration at 866-444-EBSA (3272).
You may also contact:
South Dakota Division of Insurance
124 South Euclid Avenue, 2nd Floor
Pierre, SD 57501