Expectant parents often have many questions about prenatal care, nutrition and exercise, and labor and delivery, and want the best information available.
Our maternity program is designed to give members the tools needed to answer questions, make informed decisions and manage pregnancy.
Once a member opts in to the maternity program, our wellness champion will survey them to identify if they have potential for a high-risk pregnancy. If so, they are referred to our Care Management nurses for follow-up.
Our wellness champion will also contact them each trimester to make sure they are connecting with an in-network provider.
Parents will also receive:
- Materials about their baby’s development, prenatal care, nutrition and exercise during pregnancy, labor and delivery, and breastfeeding
- Education on preterm labor
- Telephone calls from our health and wellness champion
- A pregnancy risk screening to help identify potential risk factors
- A pregnancy or child care book – "What to Expect When You’re Expecting"