Caring for You Resources
* Not available for Medicare Supplement Insurance policy holders.
Additional Services for Employer Group Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
MyFlexPlan Mobile App
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Other insurance products are available for quoting (dental, life, long- and short-term disability, vision)
Online Health and Wellness Resource
With our online health and wellness resource, members get the information and tools they need to make changes for a healthy lifestyle. These online tools were developed by health experts to help our members make lasting changes and live a healthier, more productive life.
Our online health and wellness resource is a secure, online portal that includes:
- Wellness assessment
- Personal health record
- Healthy living programs
- Preventive reminders
- Daily health news feeds
- Monthly online seminars
- Progress trackers
My Recovery Chemical Dependency Treatment Program
Adult members can benefit from a chemical dependency treatment program specially designed to meet financial and emotional needs all while achieving recovery success.
Avera Health Plans and Avera Behavioral Health Center in Sioux Falls have collaborated to provide this unique combination of both inpatient and outpatient therapy for alcohol or drug addictions.
My Recovery Chemical Dependency Treatment Program uses a successful model that focuses on a short-term inpatient stay followed by an outpatient rehabilitation program under the direction of highly specialized physicians and counselors.
Inpatient programs include:
- Three- to seven-day stay for detoxification
- Supervision by medical professionals
- Focus on safety and comfort
Outpatient programs include:
- Three, three-hour sessions per week for eight weeks
- Day or night options available
- Directed by specialized professionals
- Offered to members within 90 miles of Sioux Falls
- Flexibility to accommodate work schedules
My Weigh 2 Prevent DiabetesTM Program
Did you know that diabetes affects 26 million people in the United States while another seven million people live with undiagnosed diabetes? That's why prevention is key.
The My Weigh 2 Prevent Diabetes™ delivers an evidence-based lifestyle behavior change program proven to help decrease the risk for developing type 2 diabetes among those with the highest risk.
This 10-month program is broken down into 16 weekly group sessions followed by six monthly group sessions. Each session focuses on a variety of topics related to controlling diabetes such as:
- Healthy eating
- Being active
- Lifestyle changes
- Managing stress
Curriculum is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Disease Prevention Program.
Tobacco Cessation Program
Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death in the United States. We assist employers by providing awareness and resources regarding addiction to members in the workplace.
This eight-week Tobacco Cessation Program is held onsite and each weekly meeting lasts around 45 minutes.
Meetings focus on the following areas:
- Exploring barriers and facilitating change
- Understanding tobacco addiction
- Talking with members about their tobacco use
- Health consequences of smoking
If you would like more information, contact us at WellnessCoach@AveraHealthPlans.com