Through StriveWell, we help employers incorporate wellness programs into the work environment and offer customized education for employees, including:
- Creating environments that support positive health behaviors
- Offering members the benefit of a secure, online personal health portal that gives members personalized health information and tools and tracks opportunities to live a healthier lifestyle.
Physician-directed health coaching supports members by encouraging behavior modification. Our health and wellness champion can empower members with education and resources for diabetes, asthma, healthy-heart and healthy-living options, including:
- Health coaching for better quality of life and better patient outcomes
- Encouraging use of best practice guidelines
- Reducing impact of chronic disease and obesity
- Providing employee health education meetings
- Offering preventive-health reminders
We provide the following onsite, annual health screenings to fully insured
employer groups with more than 50 employees in our service area and all
employers in Lincoln and Minnehaha counties in S.D.
- Blood pressure testing
- Body composition (height/weight/body fat)
- Glucose and cholesterol testing
- Individual review of results with a health care professional
Note: Flu shots are an optional benefit and flu shot clinics can be arranged.
Expectant parents often have many questions about prenatal care, nutrition and exercise, and labor and delivery. Our maternity program gives members the tools and resources needed to answer questions, make informed decisions and manage pregnancy including:
- Materials about your baby’s development, prenatal care, nutrition and exercise during pregnancy, labor and delivery, and breastfeeding
My Weigh 2 Prevent DiabetesTM Program
Did you know that diabetes affects 26 million people in the United States while another seven million people live with undiagnosed diabetes? That's why prevention is key.
The My Weigh 2 Prevent Diabetes™ delivers an evidence-based lifestyle behavior change program proven to help decrease the risk for developing type 2 diabetes among those with the highest risk.
This 10-month program is broken down into 16 weekly group sessions followed by six monthly group sessions. Each session focuses on a variety of topics related to controlling diabetes such as:
- Healthy eating
- Being active
- Lifestyle changes
- Managing stress
Curriculum is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Disease Prevention Program.
Tobacco Cessation Program
Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death in the United States. We assist employers by providing awareness and resources regarding addiction to members in the workplace.
This eight-week Tobacco Cessation Program is held onsite and each weekly meeting lasts around 45 minutes.
Meetings focus on the following areas:
- Exploring barriers and facilitating change
- Understanding tobacco addiction
- Talking with members about their tobacco use
- Health consequences of smoking
If you would like more information, contact us at WellnessCoach@AveraHealthPlans.com